- Counselor - Directly responsible for the safety, supervision, and spiritual nurture of 8-12 campers assigned to him/her. (usually with a co-counselor)
- Outpost Staff - Same as above, but also directly in charge of running the outpost program. Will serve as counseling staff or support staff for all outpost weeks. Must be at least 18 years old, and past outdoor experience is a plus.
- Lifeguard* - Responsible for helping maintain safe waterfront areas, and enforcing waterfront regulations.
- Head Lifeguard* - Oversees the waterfront areas and lifeguards, and ensures proper safety procedures are followed. (must be at least 18 years old)
- Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant - Responsibilities include cleaning the camp facilities, refilling supplies and assisting the cooks during meal times and clean up.
- Program Assistant - Works along side the Program Director to plan and lead the summer program.
- Cook - Responsible to assist the Head Cook in preparation, serving, and clean up of the meals and snacks.
- Maintenance Assistant - Assist with camp upkeep including yard work and general maintenance.
- Challenge Course Facilitator* - Facilitate camp and guest groups on the Camp Luz Challenge Course.
- Nurse - Responsible for the health forms and medications of campers and staff and on-call for treatment of injuries and illness. (RN, LPN, or 3 -years of a 4-year nursing program required)
- Camp Pastor - Responsible to provide theme-based input for the morning chapel and evening campfire times and to be a resource and support person for staff and campers.
- Nature Leader* - Responsible to plan and lead nature activities.
- Craft Instructor - Responsible for planning and supervision of craft activities as well as maintaining the inventory of supplies.
- Music Leader* - Responsible for planning and leading singing during the morning chapel and evening campfire services (usually working with at least one other)
- Photographer/Social Media Specialist- Take and upload high quality photos daily to our Parent Communicator program. Prepare daily newsletter updates in Parent Communicator. Regularly update the camp's social media sites with engaging material, following the Camp's social media guidlines.
- Staff Mentorship program - See detailed explanation below
* Position is usually combined with another position
All summer staff are expected to attend Staff Training (June 9-13, 2014)
and are expected to be able to agree with the Camp Luz Statement of Faith and be willing to sign the Summer Staff Covenant.
Requirements for being on summer staff and compensation information.
Online Staff Application
For more information regarding summer staff or to request an application by mail call:
(330) 683-1246 or e-mail us.
Staff Mentorship Program
We offer several staff mentorship positions for 15 year olds. If you are 15 years old, have been to camp before, and want to get a feel for what being on summer staff is like, this is the program for you. You will attend staff training, come to Youth Camp as a camper, then work at least an additional two weeks in a variety of positions along side experienced staff. You will need to fill out the Staff Application and mark that you are applying for the Mentorship Program. Space is limited to 6 people. For more information call (330) 683-1246 or e-mail us.